Is 3D Signboard, Box Up Lettering Sign Board & LED Signage Right For You?
If you’re trying to increase the public’s awareness of your business, or create more visibility for your shop, then what better way than through a 3D signboard or Channel Lettering with LED lighting.
What Are 3D Signboards, Channel Lettering Sign Board Or LED Signage
3D Signages, Boxup Channel Lettering, or LED Signs are all very similar. Basically, when it comes to signage in Malaysia, having a 3D effect just means that the image or letters protrudes out for the added visual impact. A 3D sign adds character to your sign and of course makes it literally stand out.
The industry term for such 3D letters is Box Up Channel Lettering because of how it looks on the inside. As for lighting, you can opt for no lighting, or have LED lighting for more visual impact (front lit and back lit LED sign). This type of sign is probably among the most effective ways to draw attention to your business.
In fact, a well-designed 3D Sign Board can become the most interesting thing on the block. Sometimes (but not often), good signs even become landmarks. “Meet me by the big XYZ sign on the corner. You WON’T miss it!”
3D Signage have the added benefits of high contrast, drop shadow and depth effect, and it also makes your sign board stand out amongst your competition.
5 Things You Need To Know About 3D Signboard, Channel Lettering Sign Board and LED Signage:
- Both box-up and channel lettering are really just two different names for the same thing: 3D signage.
- Channel Lettering. The “channel” in this case is made of metal/acrylic and is quite literally a channel welded onto a flat sheet of metal. Inside the channel goes your lighting component: LED, hence why sometimes it’s also called LED Signs.
- An acrylic panel is usually attached to the front of the channel lettering for a finished look, as well as for the light transparency property of acrylics. If it’s not a lighted signboard, then metal or any other solid material will suffice.
- 3D Signage can be made from wood, stainless steel, metal, brass, foam, or any other substrate imaginable, and can be combined with the channel lettering for a “stand-out” sign. The material chosen will ultimately be dependent on the budget, as well as the effect required.
- The box-up lettering signs can also be made with stickers on the front, for a different look and colour. The colours on the stickers can be custom designed to match your logo or storefront design. If lighting effect is not required on the front, then it’s more common that the surface will be metal, and instead of using coloured stickers, it’s spray painted instead.
If you’d like to see examples of 3D channel lettering signs, check out some of our 3D Sign Boards below. It’s what all the major retailers prefer, for its bold, professional look and excellent nighttime as well as daytime visibility. But you certainly don’t have to be a major retail chain to benefit from a beautiful 3D sign for your business – they’re right for any business, no matter what size or industry because we’re sure you’ll agree as well that 3D signs are a cut above the rest.